...And what next for me?" - "My next plan, Hugh, is to go and have a cup of tea."
What voters thought of Labour, Jeremy Corbyn and Brexit. Listen to the full interview here.
My message of thanks to Don Valley's voters, and my apology that my party has not lived up their expectations.
Read my concession speech after the result of the General Election in Don Valley, 13 December 2019.
Here is my letter to Don Valley voters about Brexit and about earning your trust.
Find out HERE why Caroline backs Brexit and backs new jobs at Omega in Thorne.
Vote Caroline Flint 12 December.
Here are some of the things Caroline Flint has done for Don Valley as your MP...
Winning battles for Don Valley
- Doncaster’s own airport. Lobbying Ministers; speaking at the public inquiry. The airport created 1,000 new jobs and brought new firms to Doncaster.
- The Great Yorkshire Way. A Rossington link road was a 16 year battle. iPort has created 2,000 jobs.
- DN7 project. Lobbied for the M18 J6 link road to take HGVs off residential roads.
- Promoted tourism, and our Wildlife Park from its beginning; Conisbrough Castle and the Pilgrim Fathers anniversary.
- New investment. Voted funding for new secondary schools across Don Valley; the Tom Hill Youth Club and the Bambury Bridge in Denaby Main.
“ I voted 21 times to deliver Brexit. Unlike some MPs, I kept my election promises. When others kept quiet,
I spoke up, staying strong for Don Valley’s voters. Despite taking a lot of stick for this in Parliament,
I knew it was the right thing to do.
"Now back me to finish the job and move on."
Caroline Flint has been reselected to stand as the Labour candidate for Don Valley.
On hearing the result, Ms Flint tweeted “Thank you to Don Valley Labour members and affiliated organisations for your overwhelming support.
“I’m proud to be chosen again to stand for Don Valley. Let’s get a Labour government."
Dunsville residents are celebrating a victory, thanks to a new £180,000 traffic light scheme agreed between Doncaster MBC and Sheffield City Region.
Doncaster has now agreed to install new traffic lights at the junction of the A18 High Street and St Marys Road, Dunsville.
26 Labour MPs, including several prominent Yorkshire MPs, have signed a joint letter.
In the key Commons Brexit votes on Tuesday, Caroline Flint honoured her election pledges to oppose meaningless delay to the UK leaving the European Union.
Ms Flint voted for the Labour Jeremy Corbyn amendment, which reflected Labour policy, and backed the Dromey/Spellman amendment which signalled parliament’s preference for the UK to avoid leaving without a deal.